East Carolina University
Marketing and Supply Chain
East Carolina University
3136 Bate Building
(252) 328 - 6588
- PhD Business Administration and Operations
research, Pennsylvania State University. 2007
- 18 years professional experience in
management consulting (Ernst & Young, Cap Gemini Ernst & Young,
- Master of Business Administration - Weatherhead
School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. 1989
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering -
Pennsylvania State University. 1985
- Services Sciences
- Data Analytics
- Sports Analytics
- Stochastic Programming
- Robbins, T. R. and T. P.
Harrison (2010). A stochastic model
for scheduling call centers with Uncertain Arrivals and Global Service
Level Agreements. European Journal of Operational Research 207:
- Robbins, T.R., D. J. Medeiros
and T.P. Harrison(2010), Cross Training in
Call Centers with Uncertain Arrivals and Global Service Level Agreements.
International Journal of Operations and Quantitative Management 16
(3) pp. 307-329 (PDF)
- Robbins, T.R., Tour Scheduling and Rostering.
2011, The Wiley Encyclopedia of OR/MS
- Robbins, T.R. and T.P.
Harrison, New Project Staffing for Outsourced Call Centers with Global
Service Level Agreements. 2011, Service Science 3(1) pp. 41-66. (PDF)
- Patrick J. Charland, Tom Robbins, Evelio
Rodriguez, and L. Wiley Nifong, Learning
curve analysis of mitral valve repair using tele-manipulative technology.
2011, The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery 142 (2) pp.
- Robbins, T.R., Experienced Based Routing in Call Center Environments. 2015,
Service Science 7(2) pp. 132-148.
- Robbins, T.R, Zemanek Jr., J.E. (2017). UFC pay-per-view buys and the value
of the celebrity fighter. Innovative Marketing, 13(4), 35-46. (Link)
- Robbins, T.R., D.J. Medeiros, and P. Dum. Evaluating
Arrival Rate Uncertainty in Call Centers in Proceedings of the 2006
Winter Simulation Conference. 2006. Monterey, CA. (PDF)
- Robbins, T.R., D.J. Medeiros, and T.P. Harrison. Partial
Cross Training in Call Centers with Uncertain Arrivals and Global Service
Level Agreements. in Proceedings of the 2007 Winter Simulation
Conference. 2007. Washington, DC. (PDF)
- Robbins, T.R., Addressing Arrival Rate Uncertainty
in Call Center Workforce Management, in Proceedings of the 2007
IEEE/INFORMS International Conference on Service Operations and Logistics,
and Informatics. 2007, Penn State University: Philadelphia, PA.
- Robbins, T. R. (2008). A Simulation Based Scheduling Algorithm for Call Centers with
Uncertain Arrival Rates in Proceedings of the 2008 Winter
Simulation Conference. 2008. Miami, FL. (PDF)
- Robbins, T.R., D.J. Medeiros, and T.P. Harrison. Does
the Erlang C Model fit in Real Call Centers? 2010 Winter Simulation Conference. Baltimore, MD. (PDF)
- Robbins, T.R, Evaluating the fit of the Erlang A Model
in High Traffic Call Center Scenarios. 2016 Winter Simulation Conference. Washington, DC. (PDF)
T.R. and T.P. Harrison, The Evolution of Services Science at IBM
Business Consulting: A Case Study. 2007, Pennsylvania State University.
- Robbins, T.R., Evaluating the Erlang C and Erlang A
Models for Call Center Modeling. 2017, East Carolina University.
- Robbins, T.R., Complexity and Flexibility in Call Center Scheduling Models.
2017, East Carolina University.
- Robbins, T.R., Managing Service Capacity Under
Uncertainty - Unpublished PhD Dissertation 2007, Pennsylvania State